• Last Chance to Buy Prom Tickets TODAY in the Gym Foyer During All Lunches
  • Day of Dialouge to be Held Today, April 17th
  • Quill and Scroll Inducts New Members Today

Congratulations on Your Retirement, Ms. Provenzano

by Maddy-Sun Avila

Ms. Provenzano, one of Woodbridge High School’s beloved secretaries will be retiring at the conclusion of the school year. The Barron Perspective was fortunate to have the opportunity to catch up with Ms. Provenzano before she sends her last memo.

Barron Perspective: How long have you been a secretary at Woodbridge High School?

Ms. Provenzano: I have been a secretary for 3 years at Woodbridge, in the district for 26 years total.

BP: How are you going to spend your last month here?

MP: I am going fulfill all my job responsibilities to help my fellow colleagues and administration. I am going to take in all the wonderful people I had the pleasure to work with these past years, smile, and enjoy this last month.

BP: What do you see yourself doing after retiring?

MP: I am going to spend some time just in my house and enjoying the time at home. I hope to spend as much time as I can with my grandchildren and loved ones.

BP: How would you describe your time at Woodbridge High School?

MP: I grew up in Fords and graduated from Woodbridge High school many years ago. I never thought I would retire my career from such a memorable place but I am so happy that I did. I have met such wonderful, special staff members and also was able to work with my daughter and son-in-law who call Woodbridge home. And it has been so great working with Mr. Lottmann and the administration here… I have known them for a long time and seeing them grown and become so successful, it has been so special.

BP: What will you miss about Woodbridge High School?

MP: I will miss all the amazing staff and administrators that I have grown so fond of. I have always known what a great place this is to work and what a family WHS is and I am so happy I was able to see it for myself.

BP:  What is your favorite memory?

MP: I can’t think of one specific memory but have had good times and lots of laughs with the office staff and faculty. It has also been great being part of so many of the truly wonderful fundraisers and charity events that WHS is a part of.

BP: Is there anything you would like to add?

MP: I am also so thankful that I was able to work with my daughter, Tina Clarke, who has been teacher here at Woodbridge over 15 years. She loves WHS so much and her students. I am just so happy that I was able to share this with her.

Ms. Clarke had this to say about her mother’s retirement:

It’s hard to see my mother leave because I’ve learned so much from her throughout my life, but the big lesson is to “do what makes you happy in life; something that you love.” That was the goal. And I have seen her come to work every day, and she loves the people she’s with, and what she does. I’m very thankful that she instilled that in me and that I had the opportunity to work with someone I love, respect and admire so much.

Principal Lottmann also had a farewell message for Ms. Provenzano:

Not many people know this, but Ms. Provenzano’s son is my best friend. I’ve known Ms. Provenzano since I was in sixth grade. I know her so well, that I actually call her “Mama P.” And she always used to feed me and treat me like one of her own sons. So, seeing her leave is heartbreaking in that, not only am I losing an employee, I feel like I’m losing a mother-figure here in the school. She’s going to be missed. I love her to death.

The Barron Perspective would like to congratulate Ms. Provenzano on this milestone and wish her a happy and healthy retirement. Thank you, Ms. Provenzano, for your years of service, and for being a true Barron. We love you!