Woodbridge High Welcomes New Teacher: Ms. Pavese

Jacob Oatman, Editor

This is Ms. Pavese’s first year teaching at Woodbridge High School, although she has taught at three schools previously. Ms. Pavese teaches Physical Education & Health.

To get an insight into her feelings about the upcoming school year, The Barron Perspective reached out for an interview.

The Barron Perspective: Where are you from?

Ms. Pavese: Edison, New Jersey.

BP: When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

MP: I’ve wanted to be a teacher ever since I was young!

BP: Where did you attend school before college?

MP: J.P. Stevens High School in Edison, NJ, Woodrow Wilson [M]iddle School, Menlo Park Elementary School.

BP: What made you want to be a teacher and when did you realize this?

MP: I wanted to become a teacher so that I can make a difference in students’ lives. My goal is to develop young people into kind, thoughtful, and contributing adults. I have always been so grateful to my teachers and the educational system for making me the person that I am today. I only hope that I can make that same kind of positive impact on the minds and hearts of my students.

BP: What college did you attend? What was your major? What activities did you enjoy while there and why?

MP: I went to Rowan University as a Health and Physical Education Major. I was a member of a sorority and the club softball team 

BP: What is your previous teaching experience, if any?

MP: I worked at South Brunswick High School & Middle School as a health and phys ed [sic] teacher last school year (2021-2022) and Lawrence High School the year before that (2020-2021).

BP: What classes are you currently teaching and what will you be teaching next semester?

MP: Health and Physical Education.

BP: How were your first few days of the school year at Woodbridge High School? What do you like about WHS?

MP: My first few days have been great. I appreciate how kind and helpful the staff has been as well as getting to know all my wonderful students, looked forward to the first pep rally! 

BP: How do you plan on making this a good school year?

MP: I plan on making this a good year by setting goals for myself and my students and helping them reach their goals as well as striving to reach my own. 

BP: What are you looking forward to this school year and why?

MP: Looking forward to getting involved at school as much as possible this school year so I can really feel like a part of the [W]oodbridge community. 

BP: What hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?

MP: I enjoy reading, binge-watching Netflix series, spending time with friends and family, and finding cool new restaurants to eat at around New Jersey!

To learn more about new staff members at WHS, see the Perspectives other “New Faces at WHS” articles.