Boys Bowling Team Strikes 23′ Season

Bowling

Mrs. Moore

Barrons Boys Bowling after their tournament win .

Jack Brenner, Editor

The Boys Bowling Team looks to return back to another strong year after coming 2nd in states last year. The new coach for this year is Mrs. Moyer. Her first year coaching bowling, but she is very familiar with coaching as she’s been coaching high school sports since 1992.

Mrs. Moyer said she loves coaching to see the progress of athletes, especially if it’s their first year playing the sport.

The roster is almost nearly completely new with the loss of  five senior bowlers, more specifically, Coach Moyer pointed out “We only have one returning starter. The rest of the team is brand new to varsity, including three promising freshmen.”

On what they expect for this fresh team, Moyer expressed  “Knowing we have such a new team, my expectation for the team is for them to learn and adjust to lane conditions, and become a cohesive team. Bowling can be a sport of individuals, but I’d like for the team to work together and support each other through wins and losses.”

On what has already been, Moyer added, Coming second place in our very first tournament this past Saturday was amazing. I can’t wait to see how the season unfolds.”

The only returning starter, Josh Ruck, is one of this years captains, saying his favorite thing about bowling is “that it’s a very mental game and requires a lot of composure,” Ruck added, “the toughest part coming into this season was losing our seniors from last year and needing freshmen to step up.”

Returning member junior James Fudge is the other captain this year, saying his favorite thing is “I am a very competitive person so I just love the idea of going against another school and trying to win. Also playing this sport because I love with my friends is another great part.”

“The difference between this year and last year is the roster shake up. We lost a lot of really good seniors. Though this freshman class has surprised me and I think we have a good shot at states” Fudge added.

Fudge has been put in extensive training during the off season, saying that in he took part in “… many different tournaments outside of school and getting used to tournament play, which is not only beneficial practice but good to see the other competition as most of the opponents are also a apart of their high schools Boys Bowling Team.”

The team is ready for the season and return to their success’ from last year.