WHS Welcomes Ms. Matusz

Ms. Matusz in her gown from Montclair State University.

As the new school year at Woodbridge High School has begun, so have many new teachers and staff members. Ms. Matusz is one of those teachers who is teaching Special Education for both Math and English.

Barron Perspective: What is your name?

Ms. Matusz: My name is Ms. Matusz.

BP: What classes do you teach?
MM: I currently teach Algebra 1 and Geometry for the Fall semester and will be teaching English in the Spring.

BP: What were you doing prior to teaching?
MM: Prior to teaching, I was completing my Master’s Degree at Montclair State University.

BP: What made you want to get involved in education?
MM: Ever since I was a child, I always envisioned myself becoming a teacher. There is nothing better than helping students build confidence in their own abilities.

BP: How long have you been involved in education?
MM: I have been involved in education for over six years now, I began my education journey as a teacher in a tutoring center to assist students in increasing their skills in certain subject areas.

BP: What college did you attend?
MM: I have obtained my Master of Arts in Teaching from Montclair State University, where I studied both Elementary and Special Education. Additionally, I have received my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from MSU as well.

BP: What are your first impressions of WHS?
MM: When I entered WHS for the first time, I was pleased to be greeted by such a welcoming staff – I am so happy to be apart of the Barron family!

BP: How do you feel about your first year at WHS being on remote learning so far?
MM: As for my first year at WHS being remote, I love getting to see my students each day, even if it is online. I look forward to learning more about my students as each day goes on.

BP: What were some challenges you have faced with the new style of teaching?
MM: Some of the challenges that I faced with the new style of teaching included not being able to learn about a student’s learning style right away, especially since we are over the computer. However, I know that with time, I will be able to get to know all of my students.

BP: What are you looking forward to this school year?
MM: This year, I am looking forward to getting to know my students and even attending athletic events!

BP: Did you ever anticipate your first year teaching at WHS would play out like this?
MM: No, I did not anticipate my first year teaching at WHS to play out like this, but I am very happy to be a part of Woodbridge High School and look forward to a great year!