Mr. Nowicki Offers Sports Marketing in 2021-2022 School Year

Lauren Carter, Reporter

As Woodbridge High School students complete their course requests for next school year, the Barron Perspective is gathering information on available electives to assist students with making informed decisions. Sports Marketing is one elective offered out of the Business Department which may catch the attention of many students.

Sports Marketing is an R Track elective offered in both the fall and spring semesters. Unlike some electives, there are no prerequisites, so any student can take it. The course has been taught by Mr. Nowicki since it was first offered four year ago.

Barron Perspective: What will students learn in this class?
Mr. Nowicki: This course will allow students to explore the intriguing world of sports and entertainment from the marketing perspective. Throughout the course, students will apply core marketing standards such as channel management, pricing, marketing- information management, product/service management, promotion, selling, and market planning.

BP: What can students look forward to, or expect?
MN: The class can differ from each semester based on what sports seasons are taking place. Every two years, we spend some time focusing on the Olympics, primarily on the winter Olympics since they usually take place in February of the Spring Semester. Every four 4 years we spend time studying both the men’s and women’s World Cup and how those events evolve and their impact on the host cities/countries. We also have explored the social justice movements taking place in the United States and how players, teams, and leagues are approaching the causes.

For any further questions please contact Mr. Nowicki by email at [email protected]