Basketball Pre-Season

Basketball+Pre-Season

Coach Toczynski

Jonathan Toczynski is one of the Woodbridge High School Basketball coaches. He coaches the Varsity Boys Basketball team. The boys’ basketball workouts are currently going well, they’re currently running and lifting 3 times a week. Coach Toczynski sees potential in the team this year; he sees qualities in the team like experience, speed, and all-around the team is going to be tough to beat. His coaching philosophy is “Building great relationships with the players, caring about them not just as players but also as people.” Coach Toczynski teaches many other things besides basketball like behaviors and mistake response, communication, educating them with books on behaviors, and building up good mental strength. He builds up the team’s morale with culture days, reading books, and he likes to keep a positive attitude while coaching so that all around it is a very positive environment for the players.

Coach Nyers

Anthony Nyers coaches the boys’ basketball team at Woodbridge High School. Workouts are going well, and tryouts are only days away. He sees potential in all levels of the team, with good returning varsity players, a well-rounded JV team, and a promising freshmen team. His coaching philosophy emphasizes building strong relationships with players, setting high standards, and teaching discipline. Coach Nyers motivates players by challenging them and on occasion making practice fun.

Coach Lammers 

Jesse Lammers is one of the Woodbridge High School Basketball coaches. He coaches on the girls basketball team. Coach Lammers said that workouts are going well, the girls are working hard and that will pay off when the season starts. Coach sees potential in the team like some key transfers, the time they put in during the off-season, and the good team chemistry they have this season. The main qualities they’re bringing to the table this season is effort, they’re always ready to go and play hard. Coach Lammers’s philosophy is stern but loving, always making sure they’re doing the best they can. Life lessons are what he teaches besides basketball like overcoming adversities. There’s also a lot of team bonding to build up team morale.