Candy Cane Lane Movie Review

Eddie Murphy is now starring in a new comedy movie that has fans fascinated.

Candy Cane Lane Movie Review

Candy Cane Lane is a comedy Christmas movie starring Eddie Murphy. It was released on December 1st, 2023 and the people have been loving it. 

Chris Carver (Eddie Murphy) is the star of the movie. He loves Christmas, so much so that he named all of his kids after the holiday. His 3 children are named Joy, Nick, and Holly.  There was a “Candy Cane Lane” contest every year that Chris loved to participate in. The winner would be the person with the best Christmas decorations, so Chris  hand carved it to make it even more special. Chris and his family haven’t had much luck in the contest, as the neighbors across the street have continuously won the contest for the last 4 years! 

Things get intense when Chris, who currently has a job in the sales department of a plastics company, laid him off only three days before the holidays.Chris was down right terrified, but he still had some hope. He had remembered that The Candy Cane Lane contest would be sponsored this year. Since they have a sponsor, the winner will get $100,000! That is the type of money that Chris needs now.

So far everything’s going pretty normal, as they wait for the big day to come around. Of course they couldn’t be too calm, and the movie suddenly took a turn to something out of the ordinary. Chris was out looking for Christmas decorations, and he came across a pop up shop that was called Kringle’s. The store was pretty small from the outside, but was huge on the inside. It’s full of unique pieces and they even have an “elf” running the store. Chris went all out and decided to buy the largest decoration that they had. He purchased a grand carousel tree that features The 12 Days of Christmas on it.

Once he gets the tree set up on his front lawn, magic happens. The creatures that are from “The Twelve Days Of Christmas” disappear from the tree and appear in real life. When Carol, Chris’ wife, walks into the backyard she sees seven swans swimming in their pool! She then gets attacked by six geese. The four calling birds called Chris on his cell phone. The 10 lords a-leaping bombarded his daughters’ track meet.

Another extreme event happened when Chris thought back on a purchase he had made at the Kringle’s pop up shop store. While he was there, he had met a collection of gleaming Porcelain Yuletide figurines who were alive. They can be irritable, and they would compulsively start to carol at random times. Little did Chris know, when he signed his hard slip at the store to buy the tree, he ended up signing a contract as well. It was fine print, and it stated that if he didn’t find the five golden rings he would turn into one of the figurines.

Chris and his family were very worried, thinking that everything would be ruined. They had to move extra quickly since time was running out. Chris along with his  wife and kids had to battle the magical characters, to ultimately save Christmas for their community!