Homecoming Court Brings Midevil Times to Woodbridge

The Homecoming Court has taken over Woodbridge High School and turned it into a midevil kingdom.
A photograph of the Court during their rule of Woodbridge.
Kevin Modeszto

Every year, Woodbridge High School nominates a Homecoming Court. What does not happen every year is them taking over the school and running it as a medieval kingdom.

Homecoming king Osei Akuamoah-Boateng and queen Jazelin Vargas have taken over Woodbridge High School, with the rest of the court serving as their advisors.

“It’s unprecedented,” said Woodbridge teacher Mr. Modeszto, “a group of students have never tried taking over a building. Let alone bring things back to the Midevil times, it reminds me of my childhood.”

With Mr. Osborne in the dungeon and a full school budget, the Court intends to go wild.

“We’ll build a moat around the school, one full of alligators,” said Court member Dylan Lottmann. 

This did not go over well with the swim team who will now be practicing in that moat. When asked what his thoughts were, Lottmann said “to the dungeon with them.”

However, not everything the new Court is doing is unpopular. A small army was amassed to conquer, invade, and raid other schools.

“At first we were terrified,” said an anonymous WHS student, “the thought of another regime change within the month was terrifying. However, once the announcement that it was Colonia we were conquering was made, everyone began to cheer.”

The Fall of the Court

However, the good times would not last forever. About a week later, commuters found the train was never-ending. Our rivals at Colonia took full advantage of this and took over the school within an hour.

“Let the patriots reign supreme!” The new king of the court who identified himself only as Barron’s Money told the Barron Perspective.

There was the slightest bit of hope due to this. Even Mr. Osborne had some of being freed from the dungeon, but that quickly was shot down. It got worse once he realized he was sharing the dungeon with the same court that trapped him there.

Due to the regime change, we will now be called “The Patriots’ Perspectives”.