“Best Smile” Superlative in Question after Past Revealed

When the Senior Superlatives first came out, everyone at WHS was eager to see who had won. One surprise winner was the Best Smile winner, senior Michael Travostino.
A past photograph of Travostino.
A past photograph of Travostino.

When the Senior Superlatives first came out, everyone here at Woodbridge High School was eager to see who had won. When everything finally came out after weeks of waiting, the school erupted. Class couple, nicest car, best friends, none of them disappointed.

One surprise winner was the Best Smile winner, senior Michael Travostino. The glory of this win, however, would be short-lived. Mike, who already has the award of winning best eyes in middle school is now filling up his trophy case. Travostino takes great pride in his Superlative wins and makes sure to let everyone know about them. 

Weeks after the Superlatives came out, an interesting announcement came over the loudspeaker. Travostino thought nothing of it, assuming it was some morning announcements he did not care about. Little did he know that announcement would change his Superlative career.

The word was out that he used to wear braces, leaving his win in quiestion

“I didn’t know what to do with myself. I let the school down, my family down, and my friends down,” said Travostino, “I’m sorry to everyone and I thank everyone for supporting me. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” 

Both Travostino and the yearbook team are receiving backlash from students as many people think that his award should be revoked. Many feel he lied to the school and his classmates, and are upset about it.

“This is unfair to the whole school, he should have never been in the competition for best smile if he needed braces,” explained WHS senior Briana Mena. 

Now a big question stands. Should the former Best Eyes winner and now current winner of the Best Smile get his award revoked due to his now-revealed past mouth? Or is the past irrelevant and Travostino deserves to retain his title?