• Congratuations Class of 2024!
  • WHS JV Baseball Team Wins GMCs

Barrons Football Hires New Head Coach

Coming from South Brunswick, Coach Goerge is looking forward to a new opportunity.
Coach Joe Goerge coaching during a football game at South Brunswick High School. Photo Credit: Scott Faytok | For NJ Advance Media

With the 2024-2025 football season swiftly approaching, and previous head coach Joe LaSala stepping down, many students were left wondering who would replace him.

Announced at the end of April, well-traveled Coach Goerge will be replacing LaSala starting in the 2024-2025 school year. Coach Goerge started off his coaching career as head coach at Port Richmond High School in Staten Island in 1982, before coming to New Jersey where he became a head coach in the 90’s. Goerge has won 5 championships and holds a record of 238-158-4 at five high schools. 

He stated that there were a number of factors that played part in his interest for the job, however the number one being all the positive feedback he had heard in all aspects of Woodbridge. The people, the statistics, the tradition – everything about the Woodbridge High School football program seemed to be nothing but positive for Coach Goerge.

Goerge claimed that the staff of Woodbridge High School seemed very positive, from the athletic administration to the school administration. He stated that they are behind athletics, especially football, and heard nothing but good things about Mr. Ward as the Athletic Director and Mr. Osborne as the principal.

When asked what his goals were for this football season, Coach Goerge stated that, “My two ultimate visions for this season are to develop young men for others and to compete for championships.”