Mr. Sacco Develops Indoor Voice

Andrew Rodriguez, Senior Editor

AP Macroeconomics and History teacher, Mr. Sacco, is known around the 2nd floor for his enthusiastic, boisterous and thundering voice. However, on Tuesday December 14th, Mr. Sacco shocked his first block class.

An eyewitness reports, “ So he came into the class and we got quiet as people usually do when Mr. Sacco walks into a room. And he said good morning. Not yelled or shouted but just said it. Then he just started teaching in that same tone. The class fell deadly silent, part out of shock and part trying to hear his lecture on the rightful genocide of American Indians. It was hands down the most uncomfortable and awkward block I have ever sat through.”

That day the science department reported that the  noise pollution on the second floor fell from about 150 DB, which is equivalent to a jet taking off 10 meters away, to a normal 55 DB which is how it was in the 40s before Mr. Sacco started teaching at WHS.

Science smart guy Malik George said, “ It’s incredible really, when we ran all the numbers and calculated all of our data, statistically, theoretically and esoterically speaking  Mr. Sacco’s natural volume is equivalent to a land mine exploding constantly. If you really examine the quantum logistics behind…” and he began to trail off.

Unfortunately, this decrease in volume is set to have a negative effect on the schools AP Macroeconomic and World History test scores. With Mr. Sacco’s volume, it was possible that students in other classrooms could clearly hear and thoroughly understand all of his lectures. With this knowledge, some decide to actually take the test in May and records show that they score just as well or even higher than his normal students.

Mr. Lottmann said, “If his voice doesnt come back to normal soon it could have a disastrous effect on our AP test average, which means the district could potentially cut our funding. This would mean that the football team can’t get new jerseys again, which is just plain unfair.”

When asked about his voice, Mr. Sacco said, “ I was just a bit tired, I’ll be back to normal tomorrow, everyone can rest easy.”