Annual Haunted House Makes a Return Presented by the WHS Choir

Brianna De Jesus, Editor

When October comes around, most people prepare with costumes and candy, but at WHS the Choir does that and much more.

Each year, Ms.Amory (WHS Choir Director) and the choir prepare a Haunted House open to anyone who would like to come out and have a great night filled with scares, games, food, and even pumpkin picking. The Haunted House has been a tradition for the past 21 years.

The Haunted House this year was located across Woodbridge High School right next to the Crunch gym. This event takes place on two dates, which is usually on Saturdays from 6 to 10.

Ms.Amory starts preparing for the Haunted House a year prior by asking the choir what they think the following haunted house should be like, think of themes, location, and a target for how much money they hope to raise. Tickets were sold throughout the whole month of October from those in the choir for $7 and at the door, a ticket cost $10.

The Choir tries to raise as much money as possible to cover costs for an annual choir trip they take to different competitions in the country. They raise money to make the cost cheaper for individual members so everyone can afford and go on the trip.

This years Haunted House theme was “House”. The rooms were set up and designed like basic rooms you’ll see in a standard home but only with scary aspects added.

George Wenson, a senior and choir member of three years told the Barron Perspective when asked what his favorite part of the Haunted House was the following, “My favorite thing about the Haunted House is the reaction from the patrons. It’s fun to see your hard work pay off like that.”

The choir and their families start to set up about three weeks prior to opening night. Gabriella Gangemi, a junior and Vice President of Womens Choir, stated that it took over 10 hours to set and clean up.

“My Favorite part of the Haunted House is getting to know the new choir members and of course getting to scare people. I love doing special effects so when I heard I had to make it look like I had one eye I was so excited”, said Gabriella.

You can see what special effects and what theme the WHS Choir has to show off next year with their traditional scaring that brings the township closer together.