New Teacher Alert: Ms. Yurnet

Lauren Carter

Ms. Yurnet is ready to teach for the new 2021-2022 school year!

Ryan Fijol, Editor

As the new school year has begun at Woodbridge High School, it has also brought new teachers and staff members along with it. Ms. Yurnet is one of those new teachers for this 2021 – 2022 school year.

Barron Perspective: Where are you from?
Celine Yurnet: I am from Woodbridge New Jersey.

BP: When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
CY: When I was growing up I wanted to be a nurse.

BP: Where did you attend school before college?
CY:.I actually attended Woodbridge High School.

BP: What made you want to be a teacher and when did you realize this?
CY: I realized I wanted to be a teacher during my junior and senior year at high school because my grandmother retired as a teacher and my mom joined Woodbridge School Districts as an aide. I also coached a lot of cheer teams when I was in high school and I loved children, that is when I realized I wanted to work with children for the rest of my life.

BP: What college did you attend? What was your major? What activities did you enjoy while there and why?
CY: I attended Kean University. I have a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education with a TSD endorsement. I also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology. I actually learned how to play pool during my years of college and became really good at it. It was also a way for me to relieve stress.

BP: What is your previous teaching experience, if any?
CY:  I have only had great teaching experiences as a student teacher throughout my years at college.

BP: What classes are you currently teaching and what will you be teaching next semester?
CY: I currently teach English 2S first and fourth block. I teach Environmental Science S second block. Next semester, I am teaching Geometry S blocks two and three.

BP: How were your first few days of the school year at Woodbridge High School? What do you like about WHS?
CY: My first few days at Woodbridge High School has been nothing but happiness. I have received so much help from my fellow colleagues, my supervisors, and administration whenever I needed it. I also am very familiar with WHS since I went here for high school and it is so great for me to see teachers that taught me in the halls. 

BP: Are you involved in any extracurricular activities, if so, what and why?
CY: I am not involved in extracurricular activities at Woodbridge High. 

BP: How do you plan on making this a good school year?
CY:  I plan on helping my students as much as I can and being there for them as they are all adjusting to being in person again after two years of not being in a classroom. I want to make this the best school year by my students feeling safe, comfortable, and happy around me and others. 

BP: What are you looking forward to this school year and why?
CY: Im looking forward to all the students that I will be able to teach throughout the whole school year and learning more about them. I love to learn about sports they play, hobbies, and anything else they would like to tell me. 

BP: What hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?
CY: One hobby that I enjoy outside of school is cheer. I currently coach a cheer team for football/basketball season and I also coach a cheer team competitively. After cheering for all my years through kindergarten until the end of high school, I have learned to grow and love the sport with my whole heart.