Radu Shines on GUCCI Cover

Julia Milevoi, Reporter

Woodbridge High School business teacher Mr. Radu has been featured on the cover of GUCCI’s April 2022 magazine edition. 

On November 18th, a talent scout for GUCCI attended the WHS student-faculty basketball game, where he was sitting in the bleachers when he first spotted Radu. 

“I saw him dribbling, and was immediately taken aback by his striking beauty and graceful movement,” said the talent agent, “I knew right away that he would be a great fit for April’s cover.”

With no modeling experience, Radu said he was “nervous” when traveling to New York City for the shoot over winter break. 

“I mean yeah, it was kind of nerve-racking,” said Radu, “I’ve never really modeled like that before, but I was like, ‘hey man, YOLO.’” 

Reaching out to Radu via woodbridge.k12.nj.us email, he invited Radu out for a shoot, so Radu traveled out to NYC over winter break to GUCCI’s office, located on 5th Ave. Upon arrival, Radu was “mesmerized.” 

“The building just looked… expensive,” Radu said. He met with the talent agent and was taken to an office for a briefing. The agent told Radu that he’d be taken to hair and makeup, then be given a series of different GUCCI outfits to choose from. 

“I didn’t really know which one to pick,” said Radu, “but I really wanted something that framed my figure and brought out my eyes.” 

After the preparations were done, Radu was ready to be photographed. The talent agent said that Radu was “a natural.”

“His smile, his energy, everything about him was just made for the camera! He did amazing and we can’t wait to hopefully work with him again in the future,” said the talent agent.

“It was a once in a lifetime experience. I loved it. It was so much fun and a great way to chase the bag,” said Radu. 

The magazine drops on April 3rd. Stay tuned to see our fellow Barron shine on the cover!