Mr. Rosa Welcomed to Woodbridge High

Mr.+Rosa

Savannah Alamo

Mr. Rosa, first year science teacher, is excited to see what the new year brings.

Michael Thomas, Senior Editor

Woodbridge High School welcomed a new member to its Science Department, Mr. Rosa.

To see the road the Brooklyn native traveled to become a teacher at WHS, the Barron Perspective reached out to Mr. Rosa for an interview.

Barron Perspective: Where are you from?

Mr. Rosa: I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York for [sixteen] years, and moved to Edison and have lived there ever since.

BP: When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

MR: When I was younger I wasn’t too sure what I wanted to do but I always knew I wanted to do something that would involve helping others.

BP: Where did you attend school before college?

MR: I graduated from Edison High.

BP: What made you want to be a teacher and when did you realize this?

MR: When I was in college studying to be a physical therapist, I would help my mom out who was a part of the [Parent Teacher Association] at Herbert Hoover [Middle School]. It was there I realized, I really wanted to be a teacher.

BP: What college did you attend? What was your major? What activities did you enjoy while there and why?

MR: I attended Kean University, [m]y major there was [the Bachelor of Arts in Biological Science] with certification to teacher [kindergarten through twelfth-grade].

BP: What is your previous teaching experience, if any?

MR: SAT tutoring.

BP: What classes are you currently teaching and what will you be teaching next semester?

MR: I am currently teaching biology and environmental science and I will be teaching those classes next semester, as well.

BP: How were your first few days of the school year at Woodbridge High School? What do you like about WHS?

MR: Very very hectic but extremely enjoyable. So far, what I like most about WHS is the community with both students and teachers.

BP: Are you involved in any extracurricular activities, if so, what and why?

MR: None so far but will be looking into getting involved more around the school.

BP: How do you plan on making this a good school year?

MR: By trying to make every day teaching a new experience and enjoy learning something new about my students.

BP: What are you looking forward to this school year and why?

MR: Making it through the school year with all my students passing my classes.

BP: What hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?

MR: Playing basketball, playing [PlayStation 5], and spending time with my wife.

BP: Is there anything else you’d like to add? 

MR: Go Barrons!

To learn more about new staff members at WHS, see the Perspectives other “New Faces at WHS” articles.