Woodbridge High Welcomes Ms. LoCascio

Picture of Mrs. LoCascio

Jack Brenner, Editor

This is Ms. LoCascio’s first year teaching at Woodbridge High School. Previously, she taught at Hawthorn Middle School. LoCascio teaches Visual Arts and Graphic Design.

Barron Perspective: When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Ms. LoCascio: When I was younger, I did actually want to be a teacher.

BP:  Where did you attend school before college?
ML:  Before college, I went to Bergen County Technical High School in Teterboro.

BP:  What made you want to be a teacher and when did you realize this?
ML: I’ve known my whole life, however, I grew up at my town’s local Boys & Girls Club. There, I also became a counselor and eventually supervisor. Working there is where I realized I enjoyed working with young people and inspiring them to create. 

BP: What college did you attend? What was your major? What activities did you enjoy while there and why?
ML: I received my BFA in Graphic Design from Kean University and my MA in Fine Arts Education. I met Ms. Schwartzein there!

BP: What is your previous teaching experience, if any?
ML: Prior to Woodbridge, I taught for four years at Hawthorne Middle School, and prior to that I taught at Lodi for a leave replacement (Thomas Jefferson Middle School).

BP: What classes are you currently teaching and what will you be teaching next semester?
ML: Currently I am teaching Intro To Visual Arts and Graphic Design 1.

BP: How were your first few days of the school year at Woodbridge High School? What do you like about WHS?
ML: The first few days were definitely an adjustment, coming from a small school to a significantly larger school. There is a lot to love about Woodbridge High School. The students and staff have been very kind and welcoming!

BP: Are you involved in any extracurricular activities, if so, what and why?
ML: I have a business I run where I design event signage such as welcome signs, seating charts, menus, etc.

BP: How do you plan on making this a good school year?
ML: Taking the time to meet regularly with the other teachers and learning from them.

BP: What are you looking forward to this school year and why?
ML: I am looking forward to being a part of the Woodbridge community and making a difference here in the best way I can.

BP: What hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?
ML: I enjoy spending time with friends and family, being outdoors, and being active!

BP: Is there anything else you’d like to add?
ML: I really hope to bring my previous design experience to the Graphic Design program here and inspiring students to create art digitally.

To learn more about new staff members at WHS, see the Perspectives other “New Faces at WHS” articles.