Barrons Soccer Continue Domination

andersonnnnnnnnnn

Barrons soccer celebrates after a goal

Josh Ruck, Editor

The Woodbridge High School Barrons Boys Soccer Team is performing at high levels this season, competing in every game they play in, win or lose. 

Head Coach Anthony Clarke has the boys rolling, winning six of their last nine. Clarke says his team’s “expectations are on track…” adding “…we wanted to be competitive and work hard together as a team.” In doing so pick up as many wins along the way.”

The Barons Boys Soccer team hold a current record of 6-4-1, after starting the season 0-3 in games they feel they could have won. Clarke says “we are fully focused on putting those mistakes behind us, learning, and moving forward.” 

Clarke preaches to his team about “hard work in the classroom and on the field in every minute of every class, game or practice.” He demands strong discipline at all times regardless of scores or situations. He also demands everyone be punctual and be where they are supposed to be. This makes the team run effectively and smoothly and makes for success over a long season.

The team had a rivalry win against Colonia a couple of weeks ago, though, according to Clarke, “playing Colonia is just another game for us. Every team in our division are considered a rival to us…” he added. The Barrons hope to rack up more division wins before the season is over 

Coach Clarke’s team will look to finish the season strong and make a deep run in the playoffs.

Alongside the boys, the girl’s team is also performing at an extremely high level racking up wins. A reason for this was said to be great team chemistry.

Head Coach Kristen Bradley, in her first year as Head Coach of the Barrons girl’s soccer team, has the team on a roll. Thus far the team has won ten out of eleven games this season. Coach Bradley says her team’s expectations currently are on track, saying “I set expectations for the girls to be as competitive as they can be and rise to the NJSIAA expectations as students-athletes and active member or our Woodbridge community. Their success is a result of their dedication this season.”

Along with going eleven and one to start the year, Coach Bradley’s team is 9-0 in their division.  

“This is a memorable start and a variety of our girls participated in goal scoring,” Coach Bradley said. She added, “This is an experience, many teams will not get to experience. These girls put hard work into this and I am so proud of their accomplishments.”

Coach Bradley preaches hard work and dedication to her team. Day in and day out she wants them to play hard and always give there best effort.

Bradley’s team won their rivalry game against Colonia and the team is pumped up. Bradley added, “winning against our rival Colonia brings our team joy in continuing to defend our streak”.

Coach Bradley hopes her team can continue regular season success and make a deep run in the playoffs.