WHS Highlights The Importance of Gratitude

Gratitude and being thankful for what you have is a huge part of the holiday season! We talked with a few Barrons to find out what they were grateful for.
Gratitude during the holiday season is a powerful thing!

Photo taken from Envision Wellness
Fiona Van Tassel
Gratitude during the holiday season is a powerful thing! Photo taken from Envision Wellness

At Woodbridge High School, staff and students alike have a plethora of things to be grateful for, and a little bit of gratitude can take your happiness a long way. The Barron Perspective interviewed multiple members of our school community about what they are grateful for and what gratitude means to them. 

BP: What are you grateful for?

Nathan Jarrett: “Cannoli’s. Pretty much any dessert, especially red velvet cake, but cannoli’s are number one.”

Megan Shala: “I’m grateful for music.”

Florence Frempong: “I’m grateful for family, food, and my culture. I’m grateful for life in general.”

Mr.Holman: “I’m grateful for having the best job on the planet, and doing what I feel like I was put on this earth to do, and my family.”

Ms.Klepchick: “I’m grateful for my job and my family. Also my pets”

BP: Do you think it’s important to show gratitude? If so, why?

Nathan Jarrett: “Yes, I believe that appreciating what you have makes you a much happier person.”

Megan Shala: “Yes, I think it is important because I don’t think you can live your life to the fullest if your not grateful for what you have” 

Florence Frempong: ‘Yes, very! I feel like as a human being, we need to show each other kindness and respect. Live your life to the fullest and appreciate all of it.” 

BP: Do you think that showing gratitude makes people happier?

Ms. Klepchick: “Yes, definitely.”

As you can see, showing gratitude can brighten someone’s day. You should always be grateful for all of the people and opportunities you have because looking on the bright side will make you feel more optimistic!