Micah Eason Hits 1,000 Career Points

Micah Eason becomes the eigth male in WHS history to score 1,000 points.
@BarronsSports

On February 8th in the first round of the GMC tournament vs Calvary Christian, Micah Eason became the eighth male and 16th overall to hit 1,000 career points. He scored 298 points in his sophomore season, 346 in his junior season, and 405 in his senior year for a total of 1,049 points.

Micah entered the game needing 16 points to reach 1K. He reached that number after hitting a three to help Woodbridge defeat Calvary Christian 79-56. 

Eason said it was a “night to remember, the feeling it gave, the support I had, the nostalgic feeling it gave, I’ll never forget that night.”

Micah, who had the goal to score 1,000 career points since freshman year, said it felt “great to accomplish and see my hard work pay off.” 

“I wanted to thank my family for always being there for me. Getting me in the gym, taking me to games and practices. They have always been there to support me.” 

Superfan Jack Brenner who was at the game said, “This was my favorite high school basketball game I’ve been at. I’m very proud of my former teammate Micah for hitting 1k. I’ve seen the hard work he’s put in. The student section was going crazy all game. We were all hype for him.”

Micah plans on releasing his commitment soon.

To read more about Barron sports, go to the Perspectives Sports page archive.

View Comments (1)