Goodbye Mr. Forbes, Hello Ms. Moldenhauer

Mrs. Moldenhauer replaces Mr. Forbes for morning announcements
Emma Lopes

As Woodbridge High School says goodbye to one of their very respected teachers they are saying hello to not an unfamiliar face but rather an unfamiliar voice.

After possessing the position for 15 years, Mr. Forbes has turned over his job reporting the morning announcements due to his pending retirement. He has worked as an English teacher for countless years and has been a member of the Woodbridge High school staff for 17 years. Mr. Forbes’ goodbye will be among the toughest. Not only are students losing a very amazing teacher but the entire school is losing the familiar voice that has woken them up every morning. Despite the sadness that comes with his departure, the Barron community is grateful for his work here and wishes him the best in his retirement. 

“I’m gonna miss alot about Woodbridge High School but I’m looking forward to a new life.” said Mr. Forbes “There is a lot about the school I’m gonna miss but I live close by so I’m gonna keep in touch with a lot of people and I’ll be here for activities and stuff, I’ll keep my connection to Woodbridge.”

Beginning in mid December an unfamiliar voice began presenting the morning announcements. Earlier that month Ms. Moldenhauer was asked to take Mr. Forbes position and immediately took up the opportunity. Being that Mr. Forbes was a huge mentor for Ms. Moldenhauer in her transition to becoming a teacher, she thought taking his position and working with him again would be an amazing opportunity. Additionally, her background in theater gave her just the right humor and voice to take on the role. 

“I love doing the morning announcements, I used to be a theater kid when I was in highschool so it’s kind of another way of performing.” said Ms. Moldenhauer

The decision of who was to do morning announcements with Mr. Forbes’ departure was not taken lightly. It took the administration quite a bit of time to find the right fit. Both Mr. Mosko and Mr. Osborne scoured the building asking several teachers if they would like to fill the position.

Luckily, Ms. Moldenhauer was happy to take on the responsibility and has become the new voice of Woodbridge High School’s morning announcements. 

“I love the Woodbridge community and being a part of it so this is sort of my way of giving back and being part of Barron’s culture.” said Ms. Moldenhauer