Captain Schnee Reflects on Cross Country GMCs

by Andrew Rodriguez

The GMCs for cross country events were held on Saturday, October 29th, at Thompson Park in Jamestown, New Jersey. Senior captain Dominic Schnee spoke with The Barron Perspective about the GMCs, and how he thinks his team performed overall.

Barron Perspective: How was the event organized?
Dominic Schnee: The event was divided into varsity, junior varsity, and freshman races for the boys and girls on each team.

BP: Did anyone place or perform particularly well?
DS: I believe we all did a great job at GMCs, however there were two freshman girls who placed for medals, and junior Steven Payne got a medal in the Boys’ Varsity race as the cutoff in 30th place.

BP: How did the school perform overall? Did anyone set any of their personal bests for the season?
DS: Overall, the school did very well. Four people ran their personal bests, which included me, Roy Brown, Brandon Jarrett, and first time GMC participant Steven Payne. This was impressive considering how difficult the course is regarded by all the runners.

BP: How many schools participated in the event?
DS: I believe there were around 25 schools that participated from around Middlesex County.

BP: Were the results of the GMCs satisfying to you as a captain, and do you feel it was representative of the hard work the team put in throughout the season?
DS: The results of the event were very satisfying for me and the team, as all of us ran as good as we originally hoped to. As a captain, it made me really proud and it was a gratifying experience to see how far everyone has come since the beginning of the season, and how we all came together to make our school proud.