2023 College Football Playoff

The College Football playoffs are a staple for college sports. The best teams play each other to determine the true number one team in the country. 

Last year’s National Champion The Georgia Bulldogs are again the number 1 ranked team going into conference championship weekend. If they beat Number 8 ranked Alabama in the SEC title game, they will lock up the number one seed. 

Number two ranked Michigan fresh off of it’s rivalry win against Ohio State will play Iowa in the Big 10 title game. As long as no upset happens Michigan will lock up the number two seed.

The number three seed is where things start to get interesting. Number 3 ranked Washington will play number 5 ranked Oregon in the Pac-12 title game. Washington beat Oregon earlier in the year in a close game. But the oddsmakers view this one a little differently. Oregon comes into the game as 9.5 point favorites. A drastic change from the first time these teams met.

If Washington wins they lock up the number 3 seed, if Oregon wins I believe they will get either the 3 or 4 seed. 

The number 4 seeded Florida State will play number 15 Louisville in the ACC title game. If Florida State wins I feel like they’ve done enough to make the playoffs, even with star QB Jordan Travis out for the season. 

If Florida State loses that opens up the door for teams like Texas, or Alabama if they can knock off Georgia, even Ohio State has a chance to get in if things go their way. 

With all of this it’s shaping up to be an amazing weekend of college football with huge implications everywhere. My final top 4 predictions are Georgia number 1, Michigan number 2, Washington number 3, and Texas at number 4. 

View Comments (3)