Michigan Wins 2024 CFP National Championship

Michigan defeats Washington 34-13 to win the College Football Playoff.

The College Football Playoff National Championship took place on Monday January 8, 2024 Michigan drafted Washington by a score of 34-13. The score may look lopsided but it was a close game for the majority. 

The game featured two Heisman caliber quarterbacks. JJ McCarthy and Michael Penix Jr. while neither QB lit up the stat sheet they both gave their team a chance to win. But in the end it was Michigan’s run game that was the deciding  factor. It wore out Washington’s defense.

Michigan’s rushing attack was led by Blake Corum, the all-time Michigan rushing touchdown leader with 58. Corum rushed 21 times for 134 yards, with his teammate Donovan Edwards rushing 6 times for 104 yards. 

Corum’s second TD with 3:37 left in the fourth quarter iced the game for Michigan and sealed their 9th National Championship. 

The best team in college football won. Since opening week Michigan has been the most consistent and dominant team all year. They beat Ohio State, beat Alabama and knocked off Washington. Impressive wins all this after talk that they didn’t play anybody all year. They proved the doubters wrong. 

There have been talks that because of Michigan’s sign stealing that the NCAA would strip their title. We personally don’t feel like that would be the right thing to do. 

We asked senior Jack Brenner his thoughts. “Michigan’s a bunch of cheaters and they should be stripped of their title, Roman Wilson is a future XFL star”.

With the conferences changing in 2024 Washington will have a chance to rematch Michigan in conference play. The teams will like very different next year. We cant wait to watch 

To read more about Barron sports, go to the Perspectives Sports page archive.

View Comments (1)