Coach Rotella Joins Duck Dynasty Cast

by Adam Godfrey

Mr. Rotella (far left) and Mr. DiPalma (far right) with their new coworkers and family on the Duck Dynasty cast. The bearded coaches were perfect picks for the show.

Business teacher and Ice Hockey coach Mr. Rotella is set to quit teaching to pursue his dream of becoming a member of Duck Dynasty.

Mr. Rotella, currently in his ninth year of teaching and tenth of coaching, has always had the thought of joining Duck Dynasty, but he never knew when the timing was right.

“I felt like it was time to follow my heart,” Rotella said. “I’m gonna miss teaching and coaching, but I feel this is my true calling.”

Coaching partner and lifelong friend, Mr. DiPalma from John F. Kennedy Memorial High School, is joining him on his newest journey in life. “He told me about it a long time ago,” Mr. DiPalma said. “I was interested back then, and when he told me it was time, I agreed, since we let our beards grow for so long waiting for this moment.”

“We’re obviously going to miss them both on and off the ice, but we support them in their decisions and wish them the best,” said local folk legend and hometown hero Matthew Corcoran. “They definitely have the beards for it.”

Coach Rotella has been receiving support from other teachers throughout Woodbridge High School, as well. “I think it’s a great move by him. He’ll really fit right in. It’s sad to think about him not coaching anymore, but I suppose it is time for him to move on to the next chapter in his life,” said former hockey enthusiast Mr. O’Halloran, who got out of coming to hockey games this year by making up a story about having a child.

As for Mr. DiPalma, the hockey team used this as a way to make fun of him. “Usually, at practice, we throw in a comment of some sort about it. When he’s in a good mood, it’s continuous. When he’s in a bad mood, we don’t it.” said senior DJ Schnee, best known for being the younger brother of WHS Ice Hockey legend, Lenny Schnee.

Coach Rotella and Coach DiPalma will be dearly missed, and the Barron Perspective wishes them the best of luck in their future endeavors.