Mr. Nowicki Deletes All Social Media, Goes Through Withdrawal

by Cassidy Ronk

Mr. Nowicki poses with his iPhone prior to deleting all of his apps. His first time ever without social media, he was devastated.

Despite his avid social media presence, WHS business teacher Mr. Nowicki decided to delete his accounts in a social media detox.

After years of vlogging, streaming, and live tweeting, Mr. Nowicki broke off his relationship with social media when he ran out of storage on his phone.

“It was a heartbreaking day,” Mr. Nowicki said. “I didn’t know how to handle it at first.”

The list of social media platforms Mr. Nowicki deleted include Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Periscope, Facebook, and MySpace. He commented that MySpace was the hardest app to delete since all the pictures from “the good old days” were still up there.

“As much of an asset as he is in the social media aspect of WHS, he needed a break,” Principal Mr. Lottmann said. “I knew I had to draw the line and say something when he started live streaming me watching videos of The Rock in my office.”

Mr. Nowicki now attends social media addiction rehab, which he calls “revitalizing” and “eye-opening.”

Not having to worry about posting every little thing on social media has left Mr. Nowicki with a lot of spare time. “This whole no social media thing is way harder than it looks,” Mr. Nowicki said. “I mean, who’s going to record everything and post it online now?”

After going a whole four days without any type of social media, Mr. Nowicki deleted enough seemingly unimportant emails from his boss to get his storage back.

“Best. Day. Ever.” Mr. Nowicki tweeted, once getting all of his social media back. Of course, he also live streamed downloading all of his apps back onto his phone.