Barron Perspective Studies What Student’s Really Think About Studying

The Barron Perspective has a new initiative to incorporate more of the WHS student voice. A product of this is conducting polls annually that have to do with not only student lives inside of school, but what may affect them when they leave. For our first two polls to kick off this initiative, we started with the following polls: “WHS and its Environment” and “WHS Students and their Study Methods”.

After uploading these polls on The Barron Perspective twitters page (@barronspaper), we received a total of 25 responses. This article will touch on the information conducted on the poll titled “WHS Students and their Study Methods”. There will be a following article discussing the other poll.

In the poll discussing WHS students and there studying methods, there was 15 respondents which answered to all 6 “yes” and “no” styled questions and one open response. Questions and responses are shown below within the given spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dD-CDnDGXekdFdQkbj_YX-WrVLCYlCrVgdbm_VRacd8/edit#gid=564064535)

Based on these results, The Barron Perspective that although a majority of students do study mostly for an hour and every other day, they find it to be beneficial, yet challenging in some cases especially with math.

Although going through different levels of education, high school, for some students, means finding new ways to review information and retain it in order to pass a class. Based off the responses, students mostly study with their notes and videos pertaining material needed. 

Passing tests, and overall classes, may be deemed as overwhelming and stressful. According to The Classroom (https://classroom.synonym.com/amount-studying-affect-grades-8711.html), studying can boost confidence and “makes the mind feel more prepared”.

So the next time your’r bored or your’e on your phone with nothing to do, grab your notes or a video and review/study for upcoming classes and tests. Not only will this be beneficial to the classes you are taking now, but also in the future.