Student, Faculty Basketball Performance Leads Sienkiewicz to NBA Deal

sink knicks
Newly signed Knicks player Mr. Sienkiewicz proudly shows off his new jersey.

By Merdan Olevic

History teacher Mr. Sienkiewicz played the game of his life during the student vs. faculty basketball game on February 26th, 2016. Little did he know that a fun game of basketball to fundraise for the senior class would change his life forever.

During the game, Mr. Sink did what he does best: he gave the students a lesson—although this particular lesson was given in basketball shorts, not khakis—single handedly scoring all of the faculty’s 77 points. “I had no idea that NBA executives would ever see this game. I just came out here to have some fun,” Mr. Sienkiewicz said.

The performance went viral thanks to Mr. Nowicki’s game vlog, and NBA teams quickly took note, starting a frenzied bidding war on the teacher’s future. The NBA wasn’t the only group to pursue Mr. Sink, however.

Adidas noticed he wore their sneakers and offered him a shoe endorsement deal over the phone. Gatorade called, as well, when they noticed that, for the one minute he was on the bench, he used their sports drink. Even plumbing magnate Kohler offered Mr. Sink an endorsement deal, simply because he’s Mr. “Sink.”

After the lucrative endorsements came rolling in, Mr. Sink decided to stop teaching history, and start making history by taking his talents to the New York Knicks for the start of next season. “It’s been my dream to be a Knick since I was a kid,” Mr. Sienkiewicz said.

New York is in need of an upgrade at the point guard position and the 6’2” Mr. Sink fits the position well. They offered a five year, $30 million contract to play for them.

Although Mr. Sink has signed with the team and plans to work out with them over the summer, he has a clause in his contract stipulating that he will finish the semester at WHS.

According to Athletic Director Mr. Ward, graduation will be replaced with a honorary ceremony during which the game shirt he wore in the student vs. faculty basketball will be raised in the gymnasium to commemorate all that he has accomplished on the basketball court.

The History Department also intends to honor Mr. Sink by raising a pair of khaki pants in room 205 in recognition of his 17 years of educating Woodbridge Township’s youth, though when such an event would occur was not available at the time of publication.

The Barron Perspective would like to wish Mr. Sienkiewicz the best of luck in his future endeavors in the NBA.