Coach Urbano to Endorse Pepsi

bradshaw
Coach Urbano’s new jacket proudly displays Pepsi’s logo.

By Nick Bradshaw

Who can resist an ice cold Coca-Cola on a hot summer day? It would take a lot of willpower to deny the carbonated beverage, and it’s something that Coach Urbano has never been able to do. A Coke enthusiast for over 25 years, the boys’ varsity baseball coach has developed an inseparable bond with the soft refreshment.

“I’ve been drinking it for years,” Urbano said. “I don’t know if I could ever go against my Coke.” However, the baseball team recently decided to play a practical joke on Coach Urbano by switching his cup of Coke with a cup of Pepsi.

The players knew if the prank backfired they would spend the next week of practice running the bases instead of practicing their craft. However, they claim that Coach Urbano sipped the Pepsi and looked like a changed man.

“He slowly looked up from the cup and put it back on his coach’s table,” junior Joe Dunn said. “Then he came into our locker room.”

Harry Rutkowski, junior captain, recalled the event. “We thought we were going to be chewed out for what we did,” he said, “but then he started describing how delicious the Pepsi was.”

Coach Urbano has reportedly replaced the players’ water cooler with Pepsi, a questionable decision for athletes seeking hydration during a performance. Woodbridge’s trainer, Mr. Barandica,  said this decision is both irresponsible and stupid. “These kids don’t need to be drinking soda while they play sports,” he said. “Last time I checked, Pepsi doesn’t have essential electrolytes.”  

Amidst the controversy of Coach Urbano’s new behavior, he believes he’s done nothing wrong. “I figure it’s the most refreshing drink out there,” Coach Urbano said. “My players need to feel the rush that I feel when I drink it, to give them the competitive edge. I know for a fact Colonia doesn’t drink Pepsi. It’s no wonder we always beat them.”

According to numerous sources, Coach Urbano has reportedly requested a new uniform for the 2017 baseball season. The new design includes a blue and red uniform top, featuring the Pepsi logo on the sleeve.

With the brand new baseball field set to be built for the 2017 season, Coach Urbano has also requested that the Pepsi insignia be put in centerfield, in place of the Woodbridge logo.  

Pepsi has offered an endorsement deal with Coach Urbano that requires him to star in yearly commercials because of his strong commitment to the beverage.

Pepsi Chief Marketing Officer Kristin Richard says that she sees a dedication and love for the soda that her company has never seen before. “When we see someone like [Urbano], we need to jump on the opportunity to have him market our products,” she said. “His passion and fiery attitude for Pepsi is something we also see on the baseball field.”

Coach Urbano’s love for Pepsi products is an eye-opening one, and it is a love that nobody would have expected. He looks to use Pepsi as his choice of refreshment for the upcoming 2016 and 2017 baseball seasons for his players and for him, both on and off the field.