A. Xical Named Barron of the Week

Angelina received a Barron t-shirt for Barron of the Week for her act of kindness.

Courtesy of Dr. Lottmann

A. Xicali and G. Diez are the Barrons of the Week for the week of October 29th. Xicali and Diez were acknowledged for helping their fellow Barrons.

Gabriella Rodriguez, Reporter

Angelina Xical, a junior, became Barron of the Week on October 29th when she alerted a teacher about a credit card left in a vending machine during lunch.

Barron Perspective: What is your name?

Angelina Xicali: Angelina Xicali

BP: What grade are you in? 

AX: I am a junior.

BP: Were you randomly chosen or was there a process to being selected?

AX: Yes, there was a process. I had done something good and then a teacher had noticed it and mentioned my name for Barron of the Week.

BP: Do you mind saying what the good thing was?

AX: I was at lunch buying something from the vending machine and I had found a credit card in the slot and told one of the teachers in the lunchroom.

BP: How did you feel when you got chosen? 

AX: Honestly, I was surprised but it felt good that someone recognized what I had done.

BP: Do you believe that the selection process was completely fair? Why or why not? 

AX: That’s a hard question. I think the selection process is fair but there are also a lot of other people in the school who do good things that go unnoticed. 

BP: What is your opinion on Barron of the Week? Do you think that there should be more incentive for Barron of the Week? 

AX: I think Barron of the Week is good the way it is.

BP: Do you think it inspires people to be a better person? 

AX: I would say it does others because people always ask me what they need to do to get in.

BP: Is there anything else you would like to add?

AX: No that’s all!

Woodbridge High School Administration introduced Barron of the Week to celebrate exemplary behavior. The school’s staff encourages students to do good deeds, and for their kindness, students receive a Woodbridge Barrons t-shirt.

As told by Angelina, it inspires other students to do acts of goodness to get in, even if it may go unnoticed.

Barron of the Week is posted to Dr. Lottmann’s Twitter page and the school’s Instagram, as well.