K. Gibson Named Barron of the Week

For their actions to better Woodbridge High School, freshman Kai Gibson was named Barron of the Week.

Courtesy to Dr. Lottmann

K. Gibson and N. Shockley are the Barrons of the Week for the week of November 4th. Gibson and Shockley were acknowledged for helping their fellow Barrons.

Gabriella Rodriguez, Reporter

Student Kai Gibson, a freshman, was named Barron of the Week on November 4th because she had returned rings that she had found.

Barron Perspective: What is your name?

Kai Gibson: Kai Gibson

BP: What grade are you in? 

KG: 9th.

BP: Were you randomly chosen or was there a process to being selected?

KG: I had turned in some rings I found and got chosen because of that.

BP: How did you feel when you got chosen? Why do you think that you were chosen?

KG: I felt excited because you know there are a lot of students in the school and I was one of the chosen ones.

BP: Do you believe that the selection process was completely fair? Why or why not? 

KG: I do because a lot of students are also recommended by teachers and do good things.

BP: What is your opinion on Barron of the Week? Do you think that there should be more incentive for Barron of the Week? 

KG: I think Barron is a good way for students to be rewarded for good deeds and show that they aren’t unnoticed.

BP: Do you think it inspires people to be a better person? 

KG:  I think that when you see your peers get recognition for doing good things, it makes you want to do the same.

BP: Is there anything else you would like to add?

KG: Nope.

Woodbridge High School Administration introduces Barron of the Week to celebrate exemplary behavior. The selection process is determined by a teacher or student advocating for a good deed that a student has done.

In the words of Gibson, if you see someone getting recognition, it makes you want to reciprocate the same behavior as well. 

Barron of the Week is posted to Dr. Lottmann’s Twitter page and the school’s Instagram.

To view more stories about WHS head to the Barron Perspective