NHS Fundraises for Charity Group Breast Intentions

NHS student throw Pink-a-thon party to fundraise for Breast Cancer charity Breast Intentions.

@whs.nhs__

National Honor Society students making signs to advertise for Woodbridge High School-Pinkathon.

Savannah Alamo, Reporter

The Woodbridge High School National Honor Society sponsored the WHS- Pinkathon Fundraiser on October 28, 2022 at Cafeteria 125. During the event, students gathered for food, games, and other activities.

During the Pinkathon, NHS fundraised for charity group breast intentions. Students decorated posters to make students aware of the event. Displayed around the school to get the attention of students coming to the event, they gained attention.

The National Honor Society students raised money by selling wristbands that raised awareness of breast cancer. One would get entrance to the Pinkathon event as a nice twist of purchasing these wristbands.

Since NHS participants recognized that students “would prefer to receive something out of their purchase,” according to senior Rachelle Estinvil, NHS decided to throw a party for anybody who obtained this wristband.

The organization Breast Intentions, a charity in New Jersey, and a crisis intervention organization that offers financial support and emotional support to people with breast cancer and their families, received the entirety of the event’s revenues as a donation. 

During this time, students engaged in a range of activities.

Students took part in an egg hunt treasure search where one contained a $20 surprise present. The others contained sweets.

Senior Muhammed Qasim won a scavenger hunt with a $20 award.

Student Anthony Felice placed second in the game of musical chairs. He afterward referred to it as a “big accomplishment on my part.”

Other games for guests to enjoy included corn hole, and guessing how many Hershey kisses were in a jar. Kahoot, bingo, and board games were also had.

Nonetheless, there was also a good amount of food for students to ingest, and a great variety of music played throughout the event for students’ entertainment.

Thanks to the high turnout, and the NHS volunteers, and the chaperones, the Woodbridge High School NHS Pinkathon celebration was a great success.