A Great Chaos

Ken Carson is a 23-year-old rapper born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. His new album A Great Chaos (AGC), has easily been his biggest success thus far in his career.
Ken Carson, A Great Chaos album cover.
Ken Carson Instagram
Ken Carson, A Great Chaos album cover.

Ken Carson is a 23-year-old rapper born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. His new album A Great Chaos, (AGC), has easily been his biggest success thus far in his career.

Carson got his break, rising from the underground music scene in 2020-2022 alongside fellow Opium members, Destroy Lonely and Homixide Gang.

Opium is a music label created by one of the current largest rappers Playboi Carti.

All members who joined already fit the persona, being on the same path they have all grown drastically since joining.

A Great Chaos is the 5th official album of Ken Carson’s discography, and it is being credited as his best album by fans after the release.

The Songs

The album starts with three of the better songs on the album, “Green Room”, “Jennifer’s Body” and “Fighting My Demons.”

“Green Room” is more of a slower-paced opener, then it goes onto “Jennifer’s Body” and “Fighting My Demons” which transitions well into his upbeat newer sound.

Listener Santi Fontaina said his favorite song was Fighting My Demons.

The next is “Singapore” which is the first of three features with Destory Lonely. Which is another slower pace with a beat that stays pretty much the same throughout the song.

“Lose It” is a song I would be willing to let go of the album, it is another rage song. It’s not a bad song but it feels repetitive with some of the other songs and to counteract that this song would be the one to remove.

“Hardcore” is similar to “Lose It” because of its rage beat and repetition and I think it’s another filler song that would’ve been discardable.

“Me N My Kup” is the third-best song on the album. It is a rage beat again, but he is rapping on the beat instead of keeping the same flow from the past two.

“It’s Over” is another rage beat that sounds very similar to others. Though it is a good song and more memorable than others like it on the album.

“Succubus” has a raging beat, but Ken’s voice is quieter and he is more mumbling on the beat, that is a change-up from his normal voice on this album, and I think it sounds good and fits well here.

“Paranoid” is a song that has been leaked for months at this point. It sounded better on the leaks as they slowed the album version down. A Destroy Lonely feature is still a good song on the album but it could’ve been better because I don’t think they needed the slow-down after “Succubus.”

“Pots” is the next and I think it could’ve been taken off. It is just another one of the songs that sound very similar and unneeded.

“Like This” has two features, again from Destroy Lonely, and one of the biggest rappers of the generation Lil Uzi Vert. The Uzi feature was cool to have on the song, but I think that’s the main thing making this song memorable. I don’t think it’s a bad song but it doesn’t stand out besides Uzi’s name on it.

Listener Santi Fontaina said ” I would’ve liked less of the Uzi feature.”

“Overtime” this song is pretty great. The beat complements his vocals on this song perfectly. This song starts the trend of amazing songs, as the next 4 songs are very good.

“Vampire Hour” is another rage beat with him not so much yelling but just flowing on the beat. I don’t think it’s repetitive and is another very good song.

“Nightcore” is the best song on this album. It’s another not yelling song on a fun free-flowing beat which I think he is at his best.

“Nightcore 2” is another song that was leaked before release. It is a faster beat with Ken just rapping quietly over it and it sounds really good, the third-best song on the album.

“Rockstar Lifestyle” is the second-best song on the album. It starts with him talking about his album on the beat, then he starts rapping with the same flow he’s had over the last few. And I don’t think him using the same flow over the last few is bad because he’s talking instead of repeating the same few lines over and over.

Listener Tim Deignan said this was his favorite song.

“I need u” is a song that dropped on Valentine’s Day 23′. I’m not counting it towards the ranking of the songs but if I was it would be number one. Just due to the chokehold, it had me and others in at release.

In Conclusion

Overall I think A Great Chaos is a very good album. It has some very good songs and some forgettable songs that could have been done without.

Listener Tim Deignan said “It was an 8.7 out of 10 album. I would’ve liked it more if it was a little less repetitive.”

A Great Chaos is not better than his album that was released two and a half years ago “Project X.” Project X is a classic with fewer songs (11) but doesn’t have any bad songs and has multiple perfect ones.

I encourage you to listen to A Great Chaos on your own as it is one of Ken’s best.