Offset Returns With New Album

The former Migos star is back with a fresh, new album!
The Guardian
The cover art for Offset’s new album “Set It Off”

After the loss of his Migos partner Takeoff, Offset is back with a comeback album and back on top of the R&B/Hip-Hop charts. The album “Set It Off” debuted at #2 when the album released October 13, 2023 via Motown Record Label. The recording artist garnered an impressive 70,000 album equivalent units at the beginning of their journey. The tracking week concludes on October 19, as indicated by luminate.

The album’s songs can be viewed through audio on every music streaming platform, including Spotify and Apple Music. The features on the album “Set It Off” are Travis Scott, Don Toliver, Future, his wife Cardi B, Mango Foo, Latto, Yung Nudy, and Chöe.

The fan favorite songs right now off the “Set It Off” album are “Say My Grace” featuring Travis Scott, “Fan,” “Broad Day” featuring Future, and “On The River.” This is his second solo album with, and his first album without the other two rappers in the rap group Migos. Takeoff and Quavo created the collaborative album “Without Warning” including 21 Savage and Metro Boomin. This album was a huge success, just like his first solo album “Father Of 4” released in 2019.

Offset chartered seven different albums with his rap group The Migos with 2 of the albums “Culture” in 2017 and “Culture II” in 2018 becoming major chart-topping successes. At the given moment “Set It Of” is number 2 on Top Rap Albums chart and number 5 on all genres out of the 200 albums via Nillboard.

With a new album and some standout cuts, Offset returns to number nine on the Billboard artist 100 chart, which measures an artist’s performance by music consumption metrics such as album sales, track sales, radio airplay, and streaming. The rally puts the rapper in the top 10 and his first time on the chart at any level since September 2019.

Takeoff said in a recent interview “Father of 4’ was giving you the inside of me, but I wasn’t really focused on doing solo stuff,” he told the Associated Press. “So, for this one, it was just a process of me learning for myself and pushing myself more as an artist.”

That is what he gave to us the fans on “Set If Off.” Offset is certainly not afraid to take musical risks, but that is what makes it all more exciting. In the same interview, Offset also handed out advice on how to listen to the album.

“Some of the songs I made with them two years ago are magical, I feel like with this album you can just ride it through, top to bottom, one to 21.”

*Parts of this article were written with the help of an interview by The Associated Press*