GMC Relay Results

The boys and girls winter track team took home medals at the GMC Relays!
Melani Torres
Members of the girl’s winter track team hold up their medals from the GMC Relays Photo Credit: @WHSTracknField
Members of the boy’s winter track team pose with their GMC Relay medals.
Photo Credit: @WHSTracknField (Melani Torres)

On January 6 Saturday, at Bennett Indoor Athletic Complex, the Woodbridge High School Track and Field team attended the first GMC relay meet of the season. With events such as the 4x400m 4×800 and many other events.

Angatia Jesse the coach for the track and field team expressed congratulations to the Girls’ and Boys’ shuddle hurdles because they have qualified for nationals. In the Shuddle Hurdle Relay boys team the first leg was Abdur O with a time of 8.12, the second leg was Liam U with a time of 8.0, the third leg was Alex C with a time of 9.6, and the fourth leg was Bikram S with a time of 7.4. With an overall time of 33.14.

Girls’ Shuddle hurdle team was Lila U as the first leg with a time of 8.6, and Ciara M with a time of 8.4 as the second leg. The third leg as Rebecca N with a time of 8.6, and Tati C with a time of 7.8. The overall time for the Girls Shuddle Hurdle was 34.12.
The Distance Medley Relay is made of 4 different distance legs. The first leg being 1200m, the second 400m, the third 800m, and the anchor 1600m. The first leg for boys was Jonathan R an overall time of 3:44. Second leg Jabari G with a 58 for the 400m. Third leg Jake C with a 2.21 for the 800m. Anchor Labron C with splits of 30-34-35-36-37-37-35. The overall time was 11:13. 

The Girls’ Distance Medley Relay team was Kaylyn P as the first leg with an overall time of 4:15. The Second leg was Jayliah R with a 69. Ananda A as third leg with a 2:52, and anchor Sophia M with a 6:08. Overall the relay achieved 14:24 an overall time. 

Girls have achieved white division, taking home medals and setting new indoor records for Boys and Girls Shuddle Hurdles, and girls qualified for nationals. Overall there were many other events such as throwing and jumping events and results can be found on Mile Split.