Important Information About Yearbook Club

Brian O’Halloran

At Woodbridge High School, there are numerous steps taken in building and publishing the yearbook. 

Ms. Deleo was interviewed by features staff writer Santiago via email. He asked multiple questions regarding the yearbook, the steps in creating it, opportunities for students interested in taking part in the yearbook club, and much more.

Firstly, when asked how the process is, and if the students make it dreadful. Summarizing her response, she said yes the process is definitely a long one, but to make it somewhat lighter they start planning for the next issue immediately after submitting the current one.

Begining by brainstorming and creating unique and creative designs. They then begin to work on the inside which takes them the whole year. They try to make the yearbook as student-produced as possible, as they believe it makes it more interesting and engaging. 

When asked what happens if a senior does not take their senior photos. Her response is if a student does not take their photo by the designated date, their portrait will not be included in the yearbook. 

Deleo was eager to say that yearbook sales are currently live now. The link is placed on her yearbook page, Google Classroom page, Instagram, or Twitter (X) page. The yearbook is priced at $90 until November 17th. The price will increase to $95 and so on until $110. There are options for payment plans on the website, and the last day to make a purchase is May 17th. 

There is no difference in pay between seniors and underclassmen. Deleo also proceeded to state that they are always looking for help, and for people to join the club. She then stated that the best way to help is by following them on social media, attending club/sporting events, and participating in the surveys posted by them. 

She also urges students to send pictures from games, and events. As anything that would be helpful to the process of creating the yearbook, from students’ point of view.