Woodbridge Barrons Soccer Headed for Playoffs

What will the Barrons do facing a higher seeded opponent throughout most of their upcoming games
Emma Lopes
The Barrons preparing for their upcoming game

The Woodbridge Barrons soccer team’s season has been quite a ride heading into the playoffs with a 7-7 record. But you know what? They’re not letting that hold them back.

They’re heading into the Greater Middlesex Conference tournament with a fire in their hearts and a strong belief in their abilities. They may be facing an unlikely matchup in the number 3 seeded New Brunswick, but that’s what makes it even more exciting.

They thrive on the challenge and are ready to give it their all on the field. This team has been working hard, putting in the extra hours of practice, and honing their skills. This is all led by their head coach Anthony Clarke. The team will need to look to Mike Corbett as he is not only the senior captain but he also leads the team in goals and looks to expand his totals in the remaining games this season.

They’ve built a strong bond and trust among each other, which will definitely come in handy during the playoffs as well as their camaraderie to help the team make passing plays under pressure. The underdog status only fuels their determination to prove themselves. They know that anything is possible in sports, and they’re ready to seize the opportunity.

The playoffs are a chance for them to showcase their true potential and leave it all out on the field. Win or lose, this team has already achieved so much by making it this far but the team remains unsatisfied. Deep down, they believe they can go all the way and bring home that victory. 

“We expect to win for the rest of the season no opponent in the state playoffs or GMC can count us out” said by Barrons soccer player

The excitement is building, and I can’t wait to see how they perform. Let’s cheer them on and show our support. As they see if the team can rally a win against number three seeded New Brunswick. To keep their Greater Middlesex Conference championship hopes alive.