Woodbridge Wraps Up Another Successful Trunk Or Treat

The annual event brought scares, candy, costumes, and a great time to all those who attended!
Brian O’Halloran

Halloween is one of the best holidays for kids around the world. They get to dress up as they’re favorite superhero or the spookiest monster they can think of. They then get to walk around they’re town knocking on doors asking for candy. Woodbridge High School is no exception as the annual Trunk or Treat . 

Trunk or Treat is a yearly event right before Halloween where teachers, coaches, and clubs set up their cars in front of the school to give out candy to children who attend. Candy isn’t the only treat at the event as drinks, nutri-grain bars, and even hot chocolate are common staples to the event. 

Trunk or Treat was a massive success in terms of giving out candy and having an amazing, friendly atmosphere. Many different clubs such as the Drama Club, the Chinese Honor Society, Cheerleaders, and even some of the sports teams were in attendance.

Despite candy being the main focus of the event, attendees were seen with hot chocolate, finger paintings, and music with favorite characters such as Mario and Pikachu. The art club even attended and ,for five dollars, would paint the faces of any Trunk or Treater.

“I had a great time,” says Yiseth Nunez from the Art Club. “It was the best one I’ve been to in my high school”

“We painted each other’s faces and it was so funny to see our friends with the paint” said Barrons senior Anna Zvoc.

The WHS JROTC program was also in attendance, as is tradition for them, and held their push-up competition with the most impressive attempt being a very young Pikachu doing 37 fantastic push-ups. Despite not hitting the 50 goal, the JROTC cadets were so impressed he still was awarded the 50 prize.       

“It wasn’t easy but it was definitely super fun” said freshman Enzo Gomez

This year’s Trunk or Treat was one of the most successful events with one of the largest turnouts since quarantine. The clean-up was quick with none of the props or candy wrappers being left behind. Next year will be bigger and better for all who attend.