Senior Superlatives

A yearly worldwide senior tradition done by many schools is Senior Superlatives, where the upcoming graduating class answers questions like Class Couple or Best Friends.

A yearly worldwide senior tradition done by many schools is Senior Superlatives, where the upcoming graduating class answers many questions like “Who is most likely to become President,” “class couple,” “best friends,” among many other different superlatives. This gives the seniors something to bond over when or if they win a certain superlative and just something for them to create memories of. 

“It felt absolutely insane,” said “Best Smile” winner Michal Travostino, “I would have never expected to win such an honored award and I am so happy to share this moment with all of my other senior classmates,” said “Best Smile” superlative winner 

Yearbook coordinator Mrs. DeLeo has shown a lot of excitement regarding the superlatives, as it remains one of her favorite parts of the yearbook.

“It is just super exciting, I enjoy seeing the seniors have fun and participate in school activities and show their school spirit and they enjoy being here and reminiscing about the times that they had. To see all the votes come in is so cool and to see the kids be like ‘Oh my God! I know that kid.'”

The Voting

The voting process for the superlatives is fairly easy. Students are given a Google Form, read through all of the different superlatives, and type in another senior student’s name that they think would be best for that superlative. After all of the votes are tallied the winners will take their picture for the yearbook. 

“We usually get about 100 responses or so but luckily with Google Forms now, it makes it a little easier. Overall with the final vote if one person won three superlatives that would make it a little tougher because as much as it’s great that one person won so many it makes it unfair so we just try to make it as fair as possible.” Said Mrs.DeLeo 

Seniors are always thrilled when they win a superlative, and that is no different for “Class Couple” Briana Mena and Tyler Weber. Overall, this is a great way to bring the senior graduating class together. 

“It felt really great to win class couple especially after all of the work we put in to encourage the senior class to vote for us,” said Mena. “I was incredibly happy when I heard the results and I can’t wait to see our photo in the yearbook.”