WHS Welcomes New Girls’ Basketball Coach for ’23-’24 Season

This year the WHS Girls’ Basketball team is happy to welcome Coach Brodniak as a new Assistant Coach. She has been coaching Girls Soccer for two years and this is her first official year as assistant coach. She also was a 1000 point scorer during her highschool basketball career at WHS as a shooting guard/forward, giving her unique experience and insight that she can share with her team. “

When asked about what motivates her to coach she said, “Sports have always been a part of my DNA and coaching has become an extension to my lifelong passion of both soccer and basketball. As a coach I enjoy mentoring and inspiring young athletes to be the best version of themselves on and off the court.”

It is clear that Coach Brodniak aims to truly teach and inspire all of her players to be better, both on and off the court.

“I prioritize fostering respect for others, the importance of maintaining a balance between academics and athletics, and emphasize teamwork that extends beyond the game,” she explained.

Her expectations for this year as a first-year coach with a talented team are, “centered on harnessing the existing skills and fostering a strong sense of teamwork. I anticipate that our collective talent will translate into a competitive performance this year on the court. I expect us to not only excel in the terms of skill but also to demonstrate resilience, sportsmanship and a commitment to continuous improvement throughout the season.”

Hopefully this season will be a great one, especially with the new addition of Coach Brodniak.