Adios, Ms. Stoeber

by Maddy-Sun Avila

stoeber

Ms. Stoeber, a beloved Spanish teacher, will be retiring at the conclusion of the school year. The Barron Perspective was fortunate to have the opportunity to catch up with Ms. Stoeber before she could say, “Adios,” for the final time.

Barron Perspective: How long have you taught at Woodbridge High School?

Ms. Stoeber: 26 years.

BP: How are you going to spend your last month here?

MS: Just following my normal routine: teaching three classes, correcting papers, etc.

BP: What do you see yourself doing after retiring?

MS: Fishing, gardening, watching a lot of baseball, visiting some far-away friends and family, and maybe a little bit of work and volunteering if there’s time.

BP: How would you describe your time at Woodbridge High School?

MS: It’s always interesting at Woodbridge High School. One day is never like the last. Even though it has been challenging at times, I have  honestly enjoyed my years here.

BP: What will you miss about Woodbridge High School?

MS: My friends and colleagues, without a doubt. I’ll also miss the Spanish: speaking it, hearing it, and learning it every day.

BP:  What is your favorite memory?

MS: I don’t have one particular memory that stands out, but I always enjoy the students who come back and share with me their successes after WHS.

BP: Is there anything you would like to add?

MS: I was proud to be a member of the faculty of WHS and especially of the greatest World Language Department ever.

Principal Lottmann had a special message for Ms. Stoeber on her retirement:

26 years is an extraordinary amount of time to do what you love. Thank you, Ms. Stoeber, for bringing that energy into the classroom every day, and for being an inspiration to our students. The staff, the students, we’re all certainly going to miss you. All the best to you from your family here at Woodbridge High School.

The Barron Perspective would like to congratulate Ms. Stoeber on this milestone and wish her a happy and healthy retirement. Thank you, Ms. Stoeber, for your years of service, and for being a true Barron. We hope the fish always bite, and the garden is always plentiful.