Saying Goodbye to Ms. Geisheimer

by Maddy-Sun Avila

image1

Recently, The Barron Perspective was informed of another retirement at the end of the year. Ms. Geisheimer, a paraprofessional in the Special Education Department, will be leaving Woodbridge High School at the conclusion of the school year to spend more time with her family. The Barron Perspective was fortunate to have the opportunity to catch up with Ms. Geisheimer before she says goodbye to her wonderful students for the final time.

Barron Perspective: How long have you been at Woodbridge High School?

Ms. Geisheimer:  I’ve been a paraprofessional for 15 years at WHS, in the district for a total of 26-1/2 years.

BP: How are you going to spend your last month here?

MG: I’m going to spend my time enjoying my last days with my students and colleagues.

BP: What do you see yourself doing after retiring?

MG: After retiring, I plan on being a full time grandmother for my seven grandchildren, Sarah, Katie, Kylie, Madie, Zackary, Matthew, and Justin.

BP: How would you describe your time at Woodbridge High School?

MG: As a paraprofessional, it allowed me to experience many diverse situations which granted me the opportunity to have a fulfilling and exciting journey.

BP: What will you miss about Woodbridge High School?

MG: I will certainly miss my students and friends that I’ve made over the years.

BP: What is your favorite memory?

MG: My favorite memory is the time my colleagues and I had a Memorial Day barbecue in room D-23.

BP: Is there anything you would like to add?

MG: I’d like to thank the Paraprofessionals and Special Education teachers who helped to make my days at WHS enjoyable.

Principal Lottmann had a special message for Ms. Geisheimer on her retirement:

What you do every day has such an impact on our students. I know that the reward greatly outweighs the challenges when you’re doing something you love. Thank you, Ms. Geisheimer, for being such a large part of our students’ lives for so long. Your grandchildren are lucky to have you in their lives. The staff and students will miss you. Enjoy your retirement and the time with your grandchildren. Congratulations!

The Barron Perspective would like to congratulate Ms. Geisheimer on this milestone and wish her a happy and healthy retirement. Thank you, Ms. Geisheimer, for your years of service, and for being a true Barron.