• Pep Rally Will be Held Friday, March 29th

Goodbye, Ms. Kaelber

by Maddy-Sun Avila

mom

Ms. Kaelber, an accounting/business teacher known for her warm smile and wonderful personality, will be retiring at the conclusion of the school year. The Barron Perspective was fortunate to have the opportunity to catch up with Ms. Kaelber before she puts down her grade book for the final time.

Barron Perspective: How long have you taught at Woodbridge High School?

Ms. Kaelber: I have been at WHS for 21 years, and before that 12 years at Colonia High School.

BP: How are you going to spend your last month here?

MK: I will be doing what I have always been doing: teaching my classes and enjoying every minute of that experience!

BP: What do you see yourself doing after retiring?

MK: After retiring, I will be supervising student teachers who have taken their courses on-line; traveling with my husband; and, most importantly, taking care of my new grandson, Brayden, two days a week while his mom and dad go to work!

BP: How would you describe your time at Woodbridge High School?

MK: I loved teaching at Woodbridge High School!  Being a graduate of WHS, also, I have always been so proud of the students and their accomplishments.  Knowing that I have had an impact on their lives has really made this a great experience.

BP: What will you miss about Woodbridge High School?

MK: Just about everything!  The people that I work with are fantastic!  The students are great, and our administration makes coming to work in the morning very enjoyable!  I am really going to miss coming to school every morning—except for waking up at 5:30 a.m.!

BP:  What is your favorite memory?

MK: I have a couple. The time all eight Accounting students placed in the top ten of the FBLA Central Jersey Regional Competitive events for Accounting.  I was so very proud of them!  And second was the day my son came to teach Math at Woodbridge High School.  I was, and still am, so very proud of him!

BP: Is there anything you would like to add?

MK: I think you can tell that I really love my job.  That is something I would like to pass on to my students–find a job/career that you enjoy and pursue it.  Also, I would like to thank everyone for their kindness, friendship and good wishes.  Woodbridge High School is truly a great place to work, learn and enjoy!

Woodbridge High School is fortunate enough to have Mr. Kaelber, Ms. Kaelber’s son, as a mathematics teacher. Mr. Kaelber had this to say about his mother’s retirement:

I am very happy for my mother because now she can devote time to her new love, her grandson Brayden, the newest addition to our family. However, I have never been in Woodbridge High School without her. Not as a student from 2002-2006 or as a teacher from 2013 until present. It is going to be weird walking by D-3 next year and not seeing her in there.

I am always asked what it is like teaching at the same school my mother teaches at. The response surprises most. I loved it. She was always just a few doors down whenever I needed anything. If I needed someone to talk to about a bad day, or just bounce ideas off of, she was always there. One of the best parts of my day is when I am walking by her room and I try to make a funny face to throw her off her game. It never works. I guess that is why she is the best.

Principal Lottmann also wished to express his gratitude for Ms. Kaelber’s years of service:

I am very appreciative to have had the opportunity to work with Ms. Kaelber when I was a teacher here at Woodbridge High School, and I feel fortunate to be back now to send her off. Thank you for your dedication to the students. You are the best, and you’ll be missed greatly.

The Barron Perspective would like to congratulate Ms. Kaelber on this milestone and wish her a happy and healthy retirement. Thank you, Ms. Kaelber, for your years of service, and for being a true Barron. Enjoy the time with your grandson!