Senior Spotlight: Navi Rasimowicz

Navi Rasimowicz is a senior at Woodbridge High School. In addition to that, he is the captain of the Winterguard. He has been in Winterguard since their return season the 2021-2022 school year.
Navi+performining+in+his+rookie+Winterguard+competition.+
Kevin Modeszto
Navi performining in his rookie Winterguard competition.

“He joined the color guard at a very unprecedented and challenging time (the 2020 season), we began with virtual practices…and we were spaced six feet apart on the football field”, said Coach Nicole Talerico, “on top of that, Navi also had an injury that required him to use crutches and prevented him from physically participating…all of that to say that Navi was incredibly resilient.”

Navi as Captain

Entering his senior season, his coaches decided it would be a good idea to have a captain due to the amount of new members replacing outgoing seniors. He applied, interviewed, got a letter of recommendation, and became the captain.

“I was at work, and I got a text from (my coaches) saying congratulations, you’re going to be our captain. I’m not gonna lie, I cried” Rasimowicz said, “it was a beautiful moment getting to do the thing I wanted to do since I joined.”

Navi led the colorguard throughout the marching band competition season and is now leading the Winterguard through their third season. Throughout this time, he has started mentoring the underclassmen, both ones he’s known for years and those who’ve joined just this year.

“The coaches made the right choice,” said Winterguard alumni Amanda Del Monte

“The team is truly a family, I look at all of the members as little siblings. I really love getting to watch them all fall in love with the sport,” Rasimowicz said. 

This sentiment is echoed by the underclassmen the Barron Perspective interviewed.

“He is a very good teacher and kind person in and out of Colorguard, we’re really good friends”, said junior and third-year Winterguard member Brianna Limmer, “it would be odd if he wasn’t captain, he was perfect for the role.” 

“He’s very sweet, kind, and patient with his teammates”, said freshman and first-year Winterguard member Brianna Bullock, “I would tell anybody who would listen that he’s such a great captain.”

“He truly leads by example,” said Coach Talerico

Navi says that, after he leaves Woodbridge, he hopes that the Winterguard team is kept alive for years to come. He hopes it serves as the home and family it was for him to people for years and years to come.

“I needed somewhere to call home, that’s guard,” Rasimowicz said.

View Comments (1)