The Barron Community Welcomes Mr. Osborne!

The Barron Perspective sat down with our new Principal
@whsbarronpride on Instagram
Mr. Osborne hands out diplomas at last year’s graduation ceremony.

Being the Principal of a high school is a daunting task as it requires to always be on the move from topic to topic. Being at the school early to make sure that everything is starting up as it should be, or walking around at the end of the day seeing that everyone is leaving are just some of the many responsibilities that our new Principal is in charge of.

He has to be almost everywhere at once to always make sure that everything is handled. Even before the interview with The Barron Perspective could take place for this article, Mr. Osborne was seen talking to multiple students, staff, and doing paperwork. 

Mr. Osborne leads our school. While the students may know his name, we don’t truly know who he is. In a short interview, The Barron Perspective learned more about him.

Mr. Osborne spent three years at Ohio State University before transferring to The College of New Jersey. Prior to being Principal, Osborne would also teach physical fitness, health, and driver’s education for 9 years. Woodbridge High School wouldn’t be the first school he’d be the Principal of. He would be the Principal at other schools in the Woodbridge Township School District, including Lynn Crest for 10 years, where the school won a blue ribbon, which is awarded by the federal government highlighting academic excellence.. Although this wouldn’t be Mr. Osborne’s first time working at Woodbridge High School as he was Vice Principal from 2001 to 2008. Moving from Osborne’s work history Mr. Osborne had told a member of the Barron Perspective more into his own personal life.

For his own family, Osborne has one sister. He also has two daughters, which helps him balance his personal and professional life. While at home Mr. Osborne still keeps himself busy with his hobbies that include hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing. There’s still one more hobby that Osborne has though that might grab readers attention and that’s his love in restoring cars. 

“I restore Jeeps but I’ve also restored a Corvette,” said Osborne. I’ve restored a 1956 Chevy, I’ve restored a 1972 MG, lots of cars. I keep my hands busy.” 

The Woodbridge High School community is happy to welcome Mr. Osborne, and The Barron Perspective is looking forward to getting to know him more and more as the year moves on!