Pep Rally Looks To Celebrate Winter Sports

Celebrating winter sports and the holiday season, the pep rally this year has also added a fundraiser where teachers get pies to the face!

Before releasing for the holiday break, Woodbridge High School always celebrates the holiday season, our sports teams, and clubs by holding the Winter Pep Rally. 

The sports teams that will be taking part in the Pep Rally are the Winter sports teams like hockey, boys basketball, girls basketball, the swim team, winter track and field, boys and Girls bowling, competition cheer, and wrestling. These sports will get to participate in the pep rally and get recognition for their hard work during their seasons. 

“I am very excited about that, the girls are having a great pre-season…and everything is going well,” said girls basketball coach Jesse Lammers. “I am very excited for the girls to get recognized.” 

A new event during the pep rally will happen this year as well. The “Pie A Teacher” event that will be held during the pep rally, which is a great way to raise money for the Woodbridge High School Junior cotillion. The events encourages the students and faculty to have school spirit and have fun together. 

“It would be good for school spirit,” said head football coach Joe LaSala, who is on the shortlist to get a pie in the face. “I hope that the football players didn’t put too much money into the pot so I can watch someone else get pied but if my number is called then I’m up for  it.” 

Pep rallies are great ways to show your school spirit and allow everyone to get together with their friends and have fun.

“I think it is very cool for the faculty to make an event like “Pie A Teacher” to help raise money for something like our Junior Cotillion,” said junior Barron Joseph Roige.