Library to Make Big Comeback in 2019

Melody

Woodbridge High School will be introducing a brand new library in place of the A.C.E. Room. The A.C.E. Room replaced the library at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year.

Adam Godfrey, Editor

For the 2018-2019 school year, the beloved library will be taking over the space currently occupied by the A.C.E Room. Every single book that was removed will be replaced exactly where it was previously.

The library was a fan-favorite spot in Woodbridge High School, so when the news hit that it was being replaced, there was an outcry of disappointment.

Mr. O’Halloran, an English teacher, is a huge supporter of the school’s library. “I went to the library to read about how to teach infants, I really needed those lessons for my Journalism classes, sometimes I’d rather teach ages one-three,” said O’Halloran.

The main push for the return came from our very own, Ms. Winard. “I am not a dupe and you cannot attempt to remove my library. I have a plethora of irate students I bring there for quiet time. It helps the loquacious children become disciplined. If they continue to be disruptive, I make them write ‘We want the library’ verbatim on the chalkboard at least 100 times,” said Winard.

In assisting her movement to bring back the loved and missed library, Ms. Burke argues alongside of her. “I held my ‘Doth Thou Haveth Brains?’ meetings in there, now I have to hold the in some A.C.E. Room full of computers and laptops. Where am I supposed to put my easels and diagrams? I’m a gym teacher, I don’t know how to use technology. Bring back my library!” said Burke.

“In addition to bringing back the library, it is to be welcomed with a brand new media banner. It will be the exact same as our old one, but a little less broken. It was ‘accidently’ broken by one of our students. Thank you Brittany Sa,” said Mr. Ward, who is promised to be next in line to become principal of Woodbridge High School. “I am very excited for my opportunity to be the next principal. I have achieved every accomplishment as an AD, it is time to move on, I am taking my talents to the front office.”

The re-transformation will begin right after school lets out and may take up to two months to be completed. The staff needs to bring back five bookcases to fit the nearly 2,200 books that were previously removed. This will take a lot of time and a lot of effort, but the library will be back and better than ever for the tens of people who will be using it.