Jago Can’t Reach Chalkboard After Step Stool Reported Missing

perez
Even on his tiptoes, Mr. Jago struggles to reach the board. (Photo: Lisbeth Perez)

by Lisbeth Perez

Last Tuesday, Woodbridge High School’s students and staff joined together in search of Mr. Jago’s step stool, which reportedly was taken from room 306 during C lunch.

The theft has shaken the new English teacher drastically. “How do I reach these kids?” a visibly frustrated Mr. Jago said.

Though, as of late, the question isn’t about reaching the students, but reaching the board. A student, who wished to remain anonymous, claimed, “When it comes to notes, Mr. Jago usually comes up short. There’s so little he can do without his stool.”

A different student, who also wished to remain anonymous, said, “The last time I saw writing so low on a wall was when my little sister grabbed a box of crayons and went to town on her bedroom.” The student also noted that the toddler’s handwriting was markedly better than that of Mr. Jago.

While Mr. Jago adjusts to giving notes through the overhead projector, other teachers admit they aren’t too concerned about the search for the missing step stool, which purportedly is a six-foot ladder. Ms. Roderick, who shares her room with him this semester, certainly isn’t complaining. “It’s great! The top of the board is so clean. Even with the step stool, he would only reach mid-board, at best.”

So far, there have been no signs of the step stool, but Mr. Jago asks that everyone stays vigilant in the search. “This isn’t just a simple stool,” he said, “this is the search for justice!”