Principal Lottmann Changes Name

lotman
Without the extra consonants in his name to worry about, Mr, Lotman can now write his name with ease. (Photo: Catie Nadler)

By Catie Nadler

On March 30th, 2016, Mr. Lottmann announced that he has legally changed his name to remove all of the double consonants, so it now reads as Glen Lotman. Prior to the change, there had been numerous debates on how Mr. Lotman’s name was spelled, and students and faculty alike puzzled over the difficult spelling.

However, some students are puzzled over the new change in the principal’s name. “L-O-T-M-A-N. I always thought that was how you spelled it,” one senior said after the initial announcement.

Now that his name is shorter by a whopping three letters, Mr. Lotman finds himself with extra time on his hands each day. “Because there are so many things for me to sign, it saves me seconds each day when writing my shorter name,” Mr. Lotman said. “I’m not sure what to do with all of my abundant free time now.”

Many members of the faculty are pleased with the change in the principal’s name, as well. “His new name is three letters shorter, and it almost feels like it takes a shorter amount of time to say, too,” said Mr. Terrell, the Drama teacher.

Although the change has been welcomed, no other members of the staff have yet to announce to that they will also be removing the double consonants from their name, including vice principal Mr. Connelly, who said, “I don’t think that I’ll be following Mr. Lotman’s lead. ‘Mr. Conely’ just doesn’t have the same ring to it.”