Wrestling Preview

Wrestling is one of the only sports where it is more individual instead of team. Wresting season is back and none of the wrestlers have skipped a beat. 
The+Woodbridge+Wrestling+team+Captians+for+the+2023+-+2024+season.+
Coach Monaco
The Woodbridge Wrestling team Captians for the 2023 – 2024 season.

The lights all turn off and the spotlight is all on two people. One on one for three rounds, all the eyes are on you. Wrestling is one of the only sports where it is more individual instead of team. It is back and none of the wrestlers have skipped a beat. 

Wrestling is one of the most violent sports in a school and it will always draw people towards the events for that reason. Wrestling will test your limits, test your endurance, and it will test your physical and mental strength 

Through the years the school has had very good wrestling teams and wrestlers in general. This year’s team could pass as one of the best teams the school has had. 

The wrestling team is full of young stars including Tyler Boelhower leading the pack. With the young talent they are stacked with strong seniors consisting of Felix Medina- Rodriguez, Mario Carbonaro, and Andrew Roy. 

The Off Season

The whole team has been looking forward to this moment since the last year ended, the boys haven’t stopped grinding. 

“I’ve been at wrestling clubs all summer working on my technique and with that I’ve gotten better and more disciplined.” said senior captain Felix Medina. 

Expectations are high for the wrestlers themselves and for the team in general. Medina expects to be a district champion and place in regions and nothing less. 

Leading the Wrestling team is Coach Monaco who is a veteran on the mats. Monaco has been coaching wrestling for 13 years and sixth at Woodbridge. Monaco has a career record of 63-33 at Woodbridge and, a couple of years ago was named Coach of The Year for the district. 

The boys are ramping up for the season and they are  ready to roll out the mats. Opening night is just around the corner and the wrestling team is ready to take on whoever stands in their way.