Barrons Playoffs 2023 Preview

The Barrons football team looks to make some noise in the playoffs
Andersonnnnnnnnnn
WHS Barrons Football Instagram Page

It’s that time of the year, high school football playoffs. The Woodbridge High School Barrons, after a successful regular season, are now heading to the playoffs as the 7 seed. 

Woodbridge you can say is a football school and playoff time always draws so many eyes from everywhere. Fans, parents, kids, and even scouts turn heads to see the Barons play when they make the playoffs. 

The Barrons, coming off a heartbreaking loss to Sayreville, are still coming into the playoffs hot and have their eyes set on Ridge. Last week was the toughest competition all year for the Barrons and just with 47 seconds left on the clock they gave up the winning touchdown and fell behind. 

Although they did not win, the Barrons were able to secure the number seven spot in the bracket, putting them up against Ridge. Ridge is ranked number two in the bracket and, to say the least, is a very strong team. 

“Ridge is definitely a tough, and disciplined team. They take care of the football and don’t commit many penalties. We know that they are going to come out ready to play. It’s definitely going to be a dog fight, we just have to be ready and come out with more energy than them and do what we’ve been doing the last few weeks to win this game,” said the Barrons captain A.J. Bosch. 

Although Ridge is an intimidating team, the Barrons have trust in their offense and believe that they have the fight to win. Ridge will be heading into the game undefeated on the season and the Barrons roll in with three losses on the year. To the Barrons credit all three losses were by good teams and in all games they put up a good fight. 

The Barrons main power comes from their offense. With Derek Anderson and A.J. Bosch leading the offensive charge the Barrons are something to look out for on the offensive side of the ball. 

“We have to keep doing what we’ve been doing offensively. Everyone has been firing on all cylinders offensively and if we keep the foot on the pedal, we feel confident that we can go down and score every time we have the ball.” Bosch said. 

The Barrons have confidence to win and even though the numbers might not be in their favor they know that every team is at 0-0 right now. In the playoffs everyone starts even and everything that happened during the season doesn’t matter. It all comes down to one game on October 27th at 7 p.m., where everything the team has worked for is right in front of them. The Woodbridge Barrons just need to have the guts to go get it.